Friday, August 12, 2011

Infections

It all started over a week ago, I developed a sore on my leg that looked like a blister,and I knew what it meant another infection was coming and low and behold I was right. Within a few days the sore turned into two and my leg began to get red with heat to it, thinking that I could treat it at home with some leftover antibiotics I declared maybe i could avoid being in the hospital this time, I knew it was a cellulitis infection and after having over 5 of them in the past it was going to turn into a battle. After about a week of the infection not looking better I made a dr's appointment, after telling them my symptoms of nausa dyarehia and just over all not feeling well they knew it was a cellulitis infection as well but did some blood work and a swab of the sores to confirm, thank goodness it wasnt flesh eating virus just the regular staph that causes the cellulitis. So they wrapped both my legs up, the other had become infected as well, wrote out a script for antibiotics and I was on my way, the following week the Dr. decided i needed to go to wound care to have my sores taken better care of which was fine with me the wound care folks cleaned them,suggested a few things such as wearing stockings which they provided a low compression for me to wear during treatment. During my appointment the Dr. did a doppler test to check for blood flow in my legs now one leg sounded fine but the other we didnt hear the right things, could of been a malfunction but they decided to shedule an ultra sound and a pressure test to check for any blockages in the viens, i cannot stand ultra sounds of the leg its just the pressure of how they do it, I will have it done still just to be on the safe side. So one day after seeing the wound care dr i notice that my toe is deep red on the leg that they didnt hear the blood flow, the bottom of my foot is also reddend and the top is swollen, so  i went t see my regular doctor who says its just infected and to take some antibiotics for it and keep my foot elevated, so if its not better by next week i am going to have to go back, I am so tired of seeing doctors that i could do without for about a year lol. I am praying that everything turns out ok with my legs I cannot afford to be in the hospital with everything that is going on in my household,  if you are diabetic please do not think a sore will just heal on its on GO TO YOUR DOCTOR I cannot stress that enough.
I will post next week what my results were from the tests until then hope everyone is enjoying the rest of their summer


No comments:

Post a Comment